But, like true hipsters, we thought of this first.
Here are some fun facts about Lincoln Code School [est. 2013]:
- Duration: 30 weeks
- Number of students: 45
- Number of hours spent by each student: ~100 hours of intense fun (and learning)
- Number of Don’t Panic Labs members involved: 10
- Average number of hours/week spent by each DPL member: 2
- Location: Three LPS elementary schools
- Age of students: 13 and under
- Cost: $0
Meet some of our happy “customers” who took part in the Hour of Code back in December:
In all seriousness, teaching kids to code is an easy way to really make an impact in their lives. They’re all incredibly creative and with more problem-solving tools in their pockets, they can do great things. If you’re interested in helping, let us know!
Photos courtesy of Lincoln Public Schools